We are planning on Easter Sunday to be broadcast on KSWO and live streamed through Facebook Live, BoxCast, YouTube and our website.
One of the things we want to do on Easter Sunday is celebrate the Lord’s Supper together. For this to work, you will want to start making plans now to have the necessary elements ready for your family at your home. This may consist of part of a cracker and some grape juice. We have put together a family devotion event in which your family can actually bake the communion bread in preparation for Easter Lord’s Supper.
There is a link the Parent Guide below, videos and activities to do with your individual aged children.
We realize this is not the way any of us wanted to celebrate Easter this year. But as people of hope, we can rally and make the best of it. May God be glorified in it all!
ACTIVITIES TO CONSIDER
While not all of the activities in the parent’s guide will work in the home, here are several to consider using during your family study time.
- Jesus’ Triumphal Entry: Make Dramatic Entrances, Hunt for Rocks, Play “Follow the Robes”
- The Last Supper: Sing “Head, Heart, Hands, and Feet,” Make Feet Lacing Cards,” Wash Preschoolers Feet
- Jesus’ Crucifixion and Resurrection: Replicate an Earthquake with Blocks, Compare Rocks, Sing a Song, Build an Empty Tomb with Blocks, Make a Cross Painting, Dress Up Like a King
- The Emmaus Disciples: Silly Walks, Play “Who Do You Know?,” Find Jesus’ Name in Bibles, Make Jesus Bookmarks, Play Out Teaching Bible Stories
- Jesus Appeared to the Disciples: Play “I Spy,” Guess What Appeared, Create a Special Handshake, Make Invitations
- Jesus’ Triumphal Entry: Parade Brigade, Storytelling Stations, Rocks Cry Out
- The Last Supper: Hide-and-Seek Dinner, Toe Painting, Hidden Objects
- Jesus’ Crucifixion and Resurrection: In-Out-In, Gospel Practice
- The Emmaus Disciples: Blind Pathway, Everything Points to Jesus
- Jesus Appeared to the Disciples: Which Surprise Is Best?, Reverse Charades
- Jesus’ Triumphal Entry: Moo Baa Hee-Haw
- The Last Supper: Play Dough Meal, Would You?, Supper Symbols
- Jesus’ Crucifixion and Resurrection: Twenty Questions
- The Emmaus Disciples: Blind Toss, Closed-Eye Drawings
- Jesus Appeared to the Disciples: Make Introductions, Collect and Conclude, Invisible Messages
**Note: Not all items referenced in the Parent’s Guide (such as missions videos and activity printables) are included for this event. These are not provided to keep things as simple as possible for you as a parent.