Weekly Prayer List
"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving."
April 18, 2019
- Pray for Associate Pastor Tony that he will serve the Lord with gladness, humility, and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray for Tony’s family as they serve the Lord in their places of giftedness.
- Pray that God will empower Joy to be a light for Christ at Cameron University.
- Pray for our Partner Missionaries as they present the Gospel message Sunday.
- They are Sam Johnson, Shea Ferguson, Adrian Jordan, Patrice Niveaux, Kaspars Sterns, and Greg Hurtt. Pray that they will have opportunity to reach lost people.
- Pray for our services Sunday, for Patrick as he preaches, and for Mike and the choir as they present “My Easter Story”. May we be stirred to action because we serve a Risen Savior because of the great love our Heavenly Father has for us.
- Call someone and invite them to worship with us.
- Pray for the lost and troubled who will be attending.
- WE SERVE AN AWESOME GOD!
MEMBERS IN ASSISTED LIVING
The Cedar Crest
- JoAnn Adams
- Joe Jackson
- Jean Owrey-Former FBC member Serious car accident in TX
- Jill Kirby-Surgery @ Integris, OKC went well 4/8/19
- Ryan Parsons-Home after a terrible car accident in TX.4/6/19.
- Lisa Ewing-Neck surgery 4/11/19 @ VA OKC.
- Chuck Klein-Cancer (Friend of Bill Shoemate)
- Jimmy Cagle-Prostate Cancer (Friend of Bob Cox)
- Josh Cotton-Cancer (Son of Rhonda & Mark Cotton)
- David Tyler-Cancer (Friend of Bill Shoemate)
- Weston Glenn-Pray the tumor will shrink (Son of Sandi & Mark Glenn)
- Area Schools
- Matt Hardy
- Scott Bell (Son of Tom & Brenda Bell)
- Debbie Duvov-Cancer (Friend of Bill Shoemate)
- Kim Winters-Cancer
- JoAn Maloney
- Marcia & Charles Elkins
- Betty Jordan-Cancer
- Beth Mercer
- Phyllis Scott
- Michelle Minter
- JoAnn Alford (Mother of Penny Rich)
- Awanda Glover
- Doris Prichard
- William Arnold
- Marcelle Bynum
- Joyce Meadors
- Goober Hastings-On Hospice Care
- Russell Shoemate-Cancer (Son of Bill & Helen Shoemate)
- Loretta John-Cancer
- Denny Latham-Lymphoma
- Dave Campbell-Stage 4 Cancer (Friend of Bill Shoemate)
- Verlina Mihesuah (Sister of MaryPennah)
- To the family of Rebecca “Becky” Dunford on her passing Saturday, April 13, 2019. Her funeral was on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 in the First Baptist Worship Center.
BGCO MISSIONARY PRAYER REQUEST:
Adrian Jordan; Church Planter, Refuge Church in Portland, Oregon
- Pray that God will break the chains of doubt and unbelief and create encounters with Himself.
- Pray that God will strengthen our hearts, minds, and bodies as this is difficult work, but He is a huge God who can do way more than we can plan, imagine, or believe.
- Pray that God will raise up people not just as financial or prayer partners but also laborers to serve with us in Portland.
- Pray for the Lord’s continued blessing on the ministry of Adrian and his wife, Polla.
NORTH AMERICAN MISSION BOARD PRAYER REQUESTS:
Kirk and Karen Kirkland; Church Planter, Revive City Church, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Pray for the continued growth of a multiethnic movement of disciple-making and church planting in the heart of Cincinnati and throughout the tri-state region.
- Please pray that God will call men and women to join us in His mission.
- Also pray for the launch of our second church plant.