So many are asking and wondering what are we going to do as a church to reopen our worship services and when?
Thank you so much for your patience and prayers throughout this unprecedented time we are in. We have met as a staff along with our deacon officers to formulate a plan and date. The target date for us to begin meeting in services again will be May 31st. With that being said, we will have guidelines that we are going to ask you to follow as we come back together. I am sure that everyone is more than happy to follow these guidelines. So what are these guidelines?
– If you are 65 years or older and have underlying health issues you are, according to city and state guidelines, not to attend anything. So continue to worship online or on KSWO. If guidelines are loosened, our target date will be June 14th for opening to any 65 and older. This is for your safety and our concern for your health and well-being. We love you!
– We will not have any Sunday School classes meet on campus. We will still be streaming this online each week.
– We will not have any Childcare or Children’s Church (K4C). If you come to service you will sit as a family unit.
– We will have two services to make sure we can adhere to social distancing guidelines. The first service will be from 8:30 am – 9:30 am – doors to the worship center will open at 8 am. The second service will be from 11am – noon – doors to the worship center will open at 10:30 am. This will ensure we can accommodate everyone attending a service.
– You will only be able to enter on the south side of the building through the glass doors. We will have people to usher you to a seat. We will have seats marked for spacing; We will not open the balcony; we will only have two restrooms available.
-We ask that everyone wear a mask to enter and exit the building. We will have some available if needed. Also, will have sanitizer available as well. We will be disinfecting the building between services.
– The services will be restricted to 75 family units per service. We will not have bulletins or pass the offering plates, but will have plates available in the foyer to drop off your envelopes.
We will continue our broadcast on KSWO as well as streaming through our current locations (Facebook, Youtube, Boxcast, and our website).
We would also like for you to understand that we are following the state and city government guidelines. If changes are made in guidelines due to an increase in cases or any other reason, we will make adjustments to our plans and inform you accordingly.
Again church family thank you so much for your understanding and prayers through this time. We appreciate your support and encouraging words during this time as well as the way you have continued to support the ministry of this church. See you soon!!
Associate Pastor of Families