WHY WE GIVE

Many Christians have no problem expressing themselves in worship through the singing of praises, the lifting of hands in praise, clapping, or bowing before the Lord, but have you ever viewed giving as an expression of worship?

In II Corinthians 8-9 Paul shares what is happening in the Macedonian churches where He extols them because of their grace in giving, how giving is an expression of one’s love for Jesus, and that God loves cheerful givers. Additionally, He points out that our giving will result in praise and thanksgiving to God. Church, that is worship and why would anyone want to deny themselves of this opportunity?

Matthew 6:21 states “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” May your response to giving and in contributing to the ministry of this church be one wherein your joyful act of giving results in a worshipful experience.

For the month of July we give to the North American Missions Board Annie Armstrong Offering. NAMB’s mission field is the United States, Canada and the U.S. territories of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam and American Samoa. This region contains diverse ethnic groups, languages and religions. Approximately 269 million people in North America do not have a relationship with Jesus Christ. Our Church goal this year is $18 Thousand. Through your gifts to the Annie Armstrong Offering and the Cooperative Program, NAMB supports more than 5,000 missionaries and more than 3,800 chaplains who serve in difficult places where the gospel is often not welcome.

For the month of September we are give to the Edna McMillan Oklahoma State Missions Offering. When Baptists in Indian Territory first began to work together in 1883, they declared their desire to “give the Gospel to destitute places.” They opened their eyes to the fields of Indian Territory and saw people and places that were dark and waiting for the Gospel light. The Edna McMillan Oklahoma State Missions Offering funds more than twenty vital ministries taking the Gospel to those destitute places. Our church goal is $10 Thousand. Every dollar given through the State Missions Offering goes directly to the mission field right here in Oklahoma. As we give generously to the State Missions Offering, together, we are reaching the destitute places with the Gospel.

For the month of November we give to the International Missions Board Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. Starting in 1888, the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering was established to empower the international missions efforts for Southern Baptists. After more than a century, the annual offering continues its steady growth. Our Church goal this year is $45 Thousand. Your giving enables missionaries to be sent to make disciples and multiply churches among unreached peoples and places for the glory of God.

WAYS TO GIVE

While tithing is a form of worship, it does take some effort. In order to make giving as convenient as possible, FBC Lawton has made the following options available to you.

AUTOMATIC WITHDRAWAL

Automatic withdrawal is a monthly or bi-monthly option in which money is pulled from your checking or savings account. This option is offered at no expense to you or the church. 100% of money given via this method will be received by the church.
Who would benefit from this option? Employees who receive a consistent amount on their paycheck will enjoy this option. Because you are already aware of your pay scale, it is easy to set aside a certain amount for giving during each pay period.

 

BILL PAY

Bill pay is a flexible option in which you send an electronic check to the church via your bank’s website. You’ll need to provide your bank with the church’s address: 501 SW B. Ave. Lawton, OK 73501. If you are not aware of how to do this, you may contact your bank or Sally Davis at sally@fbclawton.org. As with automatic withdrawal, the church will receive 100% of your gift. Most banks provide this service free of charge to their members.

Who would benefit from this option? Church members who have a varying income will appreciate this option. This is essentially the same as bringing your tithe to church, but now you don’t have to remember your checkbook. With bill pay, you are able to easily tithe weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.

 

 

E-GIVING

E-Giving is a means of paying your tithe or offering via credit or debit cards. When giving through an E-giving account, the church will receive 97% of your gift while the other 3% will be used for credit card fees.

You will be able to give a one time gift, or you can set up recurring donations.  You can give as a guest, or you can create an account if you plan to give on more than one occasion.

Who would benefit from this option? This option will be beneficial to those who do not have a checking account.